It was truly an honor to be selected for The Marie Kindrick Fair Housing Award at this year’s Miami Valley Fair Housing Wrokshop. I enjoy working with people who are searching for their next “home” whether that would be a rental or purchase; but importantly, I want to help ensure that it is Affordable and What They Want / Need.
So we are often asked many questions – and this post is to provide some of those answers, as well as to provide websites, links and expert advice regarding Fair Housing.
Fair Housing Tips Disabilities
About Fair Housing with Children
Service Animal Policies
Agencies for Fair Housing Issues
Avoid Predatory Loans
Loan Modification Scam Alert
Every situation is different, but to get some general guidelines about what is involved, I am happy to say that as a Co-Author – this book has some excellent tips! Feel free to click on the link here for a FREE e-book version of
Should I Short Sale My Home-Ebook
Today’s market and needs have impacted many people, working with potential client’s I have looked at what I can do to help and I am glad to announce that I have received my Equator Platinum Agent Certification and Short Sale Certification. There are many things involved with the process that you will want to ensure you are using someone who is up-to-date and well trained. I am available to meet with you for a confidential discussion of what your options are and to assist you in moving forward to the next stage of your life.
Deals like this don’t last long – and if you wondered what kind of housing market we are in – HERE’s your proof! This one is GONE (pending bank approval) but the rush to get in for showings and the multiple offers left no doubt, homes priced below market value SELL FAST!
Short Sales Get Shorter: New Deadlines to go into Effect
As part of a settlement with state attorneys general, the five largest mortgage servicers are adopting new requirements for short sales, which is expected to speed-up what has been known as a lengthy process.
Here are some of the new requirements for servicers under the settlement:
- Servicers must provide borrowers with a decision within 30 days after receiving a short sale package request.
- Servicers will be required to notify a borrower, also within 30 days, if any necessary documents are missing to process the short sale request.
- Servicers must notify a borrower immediately if a deficiency payment is needed to approve the short sale. They also must provide an estimated amount for the deficiency payment needed for the short sale.
- Servicers are also required to form an internal group to review all short sale requests.
- Banks will be considered in violation of the settlement requirements if they take longer than 30 days on more than 10 percent of the short sale requests.
Violations can carry fines of up to $1 million and $5 million for repeat offenses.
Source: “AG Settlement Starts the Clock on Short Sales,” HousingWire (March 14, 2012)